Photo from Senator Peters Office
From Left to Right: Nicole Noll-Williams, Regional Director, Sen. Gary Peters;
Griffin Working, MidMichigan Regional Representative, Sen. Gary Peters; Dr. David Wiley; Terry Link
Photo from Senator Stabenow's Office
From left to right: Terry Link, co-chair PEC and GLUNA board member; Teresa Cuellar, State Deputy Scheduler for Sen. Debbie Stabenow;
Dr. David Wiley, GLUNA board member and Edgewood United Church Justice and Peace Team
On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 we handed off more than 300 signatures collected on the petition drafted by Greater Lansing United Nations Association and the Peace Education Center to prevent nuclear war. Based upon a Union of Concerned Scientists report we asked for six specific actions:
1) Renouncing the option of using nuclear weapons first
2) Renouncing any use of nuclear missiles in conventional warfare
3) Ending the sole, unchecked authority of any U.S. president to launch a nuclear attack
4) Taking U.S. nuclear weapons off hair-trigger alert
5) Cancelling a plan to replace its entire nuclear arsenal with enhanced weapons
6) Actively pursuing verifiable agreement among nuclear armed states to eliminate their nuclear arsenals
A Call to Action - Click here to read more
We are Family. And we need your Voice. Click here to learn more about the funding cuts and how you can call your Senators and ask them to stop the Trump Administration from
(1) Hurting UNICEF funding for the health and welfare and immunizations of vulnerable children around the world and
(2) Cutting the World Health Organization almost 50%
(3) Cutting UN Peacekeeping Operations
Adopting Sustainable Development Goals are Expanding Global and Local Business Opportunities Read more on page 9 4/13/2019
The 10 Happiest Countries in the World 4/4/2019
U.S. Formally Withdraws From UNESCO, the U.N. Agency That Aims to Build Peace Through Cultural Understanding 2/1/2019
Become a member!
E-mail alerts which help members keep abreast of UN-related issues and take action as individuals when appropriate
Invitations to events at UN Headquarters
Access to timely information about global issues
Meet and mobilize like-minded people and be active in a local chapter that focuses on important global issues
A one-year subscription to the InterDependent quarterly magazine which highlights current issues related to the UN
Learn about the Better World Campaign to strengthen the partnership between the United States and the United Nations.
Tell your representatives in Washington that you support the UN and want the US to pay all its UN dues.
Sign up to receive email updates on action needed from the Better World Foundation Campaigns for the UN.